Yes, you ARE a creative. We all are. And this time of year, when everyone is setting new year's resolutions and making goals for the future, I encourage you to take a step back from specific goals and first create a set of principles that will guide your creative work in the new year.
I love to sit in conversation with other creatives and chat about how we move our work forward, taking risks and reaching new levels of success, especially when we feel stuck.
Common practices come up again and again, and I'm sharing them with you in hopes that you'll get inspired.
- I will follow the fire in my heart that leads to creativity and art on a daily basis;
- I will step into my art with love and excitement;
- I will focus on my creative contribution to the world because I'm on my own creative path;
- I will let go of practices that no longer serve me, including comparison, fear and limiting beliefs;
- I will embrace practices that push me to grow as a creative, including curiosity, discomfort, education and conversation with other creatives;
- I will support and encourage my community of artists and creators in their own endeavors.
Get ready, because with a few principles as a guide, then your goals, ideas and inspiration for 2018 will start dropping into your mind, totally on fire. Please share yours!